Monday, July 12, 2010

Why don't you just drive your car......


or fly in a plane? I have 8 grandchildren, ages 5 - 20. The older ones sorta understand what I'm doing and think it's "cool", and the younger ones really don't have time for this sort of thing. But there's one in the middle, who asks these pretty simple and logical questions. Abby can't quite figure out why someone would want to walk somewhere when they could ride......she just doesn't "get" it.

Abby, I wish I had an answer for you. Because at times, I ask myself the same questions. But as maybe you've already learned in your young life, sometimes we do things and we really don't understand why.


Maybe I just want to give you and the "cousins" a memory to carry throughout your life. Or maybe I want to show you just how far I will walk to go to the beach with you next year. Or maybe I want to show you that you can do most anything, no matter how crazy or hard it seems.

There must be answers to your questions, maybe someday you and I will figure it all out. But for now, these are the best answers I have. Anyhow, Grandma and me can ride in a car or train when we get old.

2 comments:

  1. Continued good work on the blog, Jeff. I enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Dad and Abby was thrilled to see her picture on your blog!

    ReplyDelete